My sister and I decided to make our very own siomai just for fun and to satisfy our hunger for comfort food. I was assigned to make the mixture and she will help with the wrapping procedures. As you can see in our photo, we are making beef siomai at home with happy and contented faces. Haha! A great family bonding indeed.
I will share my beef siomai recipe and try making it with your whole family. Be satisfied and have a marvelous family bonding.
YIELD: 12-14 pieces
- 1 kg. ground beef
- 1 cup minced carrots
- 1 cup minced onions
- 1 1/2 cups minced mushroom or 1 can whole mushroom, minced
- 1 pc. beef broth cube
- 1 tbsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. salt
- 5 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 pc. egg
- 1 pack wanton wrapper or seaweed “Nori” wrapper
- water for steaming
- Combine all the ingredients (except for the water and wanton wrapper) and mix until fully incorporated.
- Wrap the mixed ingredients with wanton / nori wrapper.
- Steam the wrapped siomai for 15 to 25 minutes depending on the size.
- Serve hot with a mixture of soy sauce, calamansi / lemon juice, toasted garlic and chili flakes. Enjoy!