From pure curiosity to an exciting hobby, that’s where everything began. It is a girl’s dream to bake all the most extravagant cakes for any occasions and the famous Chocolate Cake is one of them. I am aiming for an ultimate Moist Chocolate Cake by adjusting the sweetness and texture in accordance to my taste buds and people’s not-too-sweet preference. It is a rich flavorful dessert made up of natural dark cocoa with irresistible moist texture that all chocolate lovers indulge into.
Without further introductions I would like to share my revised version of Moist Chocolate Cake.
MOIST CHOCOLATE CAKE
YIELD: 1 cake (6-8 slices), 24-30 cupcakes
PREPARATION TIME: 30 minutes
BAKING TIME: 13 x 9 x 2 inch rectangular pan and 10 x 4 inch tube pan = 45 t0 50 minutes, 3 9inch round layer pans = 20 to 25 minutes, cupcakes = 15 to 20 minutes
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cups unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- Pre-heat the oven at 350°F( 177ºc).
- Prepare and line up the baking tins or cupcake molders.
- Sift and whisk the following ingredients in a bowl: flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, sugar, milk, oil, and vanilla until fully incorporated.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients together, then add the boiling water. You should expect a thin batter. Note: Do not over mix the batter.
- Pour into baking tins or cupcake molders. For both 13 x 9 x 2 inch rectangular pan and 10 x 4 inch tube pan, bake it for 45 t0 50 minutes.While a 3 9inch round layer pans will take 20 to 25 minutes to bake. As for the cupcakes, you should fill each liners with 3/4 of batter and bake it for 15 to 20 minutes until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Top it with whipping cream or chocolate frosting. You can serve it during birthday parties and any occasions, or simply bake for a sweet snack. Enjoy!
Thank you for all the support and please wait for more updates only @ cestlavieprincesse.wordpress.com.