Are you curious on how to cook the real Carbonara sauce without completely relying on vacuum packed sauces from the supermarkets? I used to do the same but a query comes into mind of knowing why do we have to buy those expensive packs, if we could make our very own Carbonara sauce from scratch.
For all Italian food lovers, here’s a simple way of making Carbonara sauce for everyone to enjoy without risking your health in consuming more processed foods. Here’s an appetizing and healthy way of cooking Carbonara just for you.
Healthy & Creamy Carbonara
YIELD: 6 servings
EQUIPMENTS: Saucepan, spatula, bowl, measuring cups & spoon,
COOKING TIME: 30 minutes
- 1 Head of garlic, minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup tuna / sausage / veggie meat
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 large can evaporated milk / full cream milk
- 2 cups all-purpose cream
- 3 cups water
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch, diluted in water
- 1 pack of spaghetti/fettuccine pasta, cooked & drained
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Parsley & parmesan cheese (optional)*
- In a saucepan, sauté garlic on olive oil and butter.
- Toss in tuna and stir in sliced mushrooms.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add water, milk, cream, diluted cornstarch and beaten egg.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with prepared pasta of your choice.
- Top with parsley & parmesan cheese.
In every pour of this piquant pasta sauce will create a difference for every occasion and gatherings. And if you’re just craving of Italian cuisine why don’t you try to make it healthy. I promote a simple, tasty and healthy way of cooking our favorite meals to all youngsters and young at heart.
More featured recipes of pasta dishes and Italian cuisine real soon with C’est la vie, Princesse.